Skip to content
- Business Objects Upgrade – upgrade, migration and consolidation of Vodafone’s entire UK Business Objects reporting system. This involved the upgrade of mixed version 5 and 6 deployments with over 4500 users and associated content to XIR2.
- Business Objects universe and report development, testing and implementation on a variety of databases including Oracle, Teradata and SQL Server. Frequent liaison with key business users for requirements capture, training and post implementation support.
- Design, build, implementation and support of a highly complex Oracle / Business Objects reporting solution used to report on Clarify CRM data. Database included partitioned tables, multiple star schemas, summary tables and indexes for reporting (inc. bitmap). Universes contained multiple contexts, aggregate awareness, multiple star schemas, complex objects and aliases. Provided comprehensive documentation including design specification, test plan and results, and a detailed implementation plan. Performed extensive System Test and supported UAT using Test Director to manage defects and fixes.
- Designed star schema data marts using dimensional modelling techniques from customer requirements and source system documentation. The designs facilitated efficient data retrieval using auto-generated SQL and included summary fact tables and multiple fact tables at different grains.
- Developed reporting solutions for Clarify CRM, E.Piphany Real-time Marketing and Unica Campaign Management programmes giving operational and strategic managers the ability to access and report on business critical data.
- Responsible for comprehensive support to over 4500 users in accordance with defined SLAs covering the following areas: Business Objects (including complex reports with macros), Designer, Supervisor, Web Intelligence, Broadcast Agent, Publisher, Auditor, Repository database maintenance, multiple repositories, user migration, software installation, version migration.
- Designed and implemented Business Objects security domain for over 4500 users with multiple levels of access for users, designers and supervisors, incorporating 1st line support desks and separation of the development and support functions.
- Tuned Business Objects Repository (Oracle) to reduce Publisher login time from 5 minutes to 5 seconds for over 3000 Publisher users.
- Developed and delivered business relevant user training and workshops.